SATURDAY 9th June, 2018
QLD Championships Dinner at Alex Surf Club from 5.30 pm
SUNDAY 10th June, 2018 at Kawana Waters State College
Start time from 8:00 am for warm up, registrations and weigh-in (for lightweights).
Races start approximately (depending on number of participants):
09:00 am Official Opening
09:10 am Politician’s relay (4x300m)
09:25 am International Mixed Relay (4x300m)
09:40 am 1 minute
10:30 am 2000 metres
11:30 am 500 metres
1:00 pm 100 metres
2:15 pm 1000 metres
3:15 pm Mixed Relay (4 x 300 m) including School teams
Note: These times are all approximate and will depend on the number of entries.
Medals to be presented after each event. There will be a trophy for the best junior and the best senior male and female.
Mixed Relays The relays consist of teams of 4 being 2 males, 2 females racing over 300 metres each with trophies presented to the winners with medals for second and third. Just register your interest to take part and we will allocate you to a team on the day.
School’s Challenge: The challenge consists of students competing in 3 of the 5 individual events and the mixed relay of 4 students. The teams will consist of 2 boys and 2 girls and schools can have more than one team.
- Men and Women
- Lightweight and Open
- Weight limits – Lightweight Women under 61.5 kg, Lightweight Men under 75 kg
- Adaptive (for rowers with a disability – please contact us to discuss this category)
- Age categories (your age on the day): Under 10; under 12; under 14; under 16; under 19; 19-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84, 85-89 and 90+ years.
ENTRY FEES PER EVENT:
- Juniors (<18) $10.00
- Concessions holders $10.00
- Open $14.00
- Indoor Rowing Club members $10.00 – Open
- Indoor Rowing Club members $ 8.00 – Juniors and Concessional
- K.W.S.C. students $ 8.00
- Multiple events Juniors $ 30.00 (more than 3 events)
- Multiple events Open $ 45.00 (more than 3 events)
Relays are included in the entry fee.